Saturday, April 30, 2011

A New Day

I was exhausted today after being up so much last night. I think I'll just go to bed. But before I do, I want to say how good it feels to have hope as a companion rather than despair. I have a lot to do still before I rest, but I have so much more hope about being able to do it.
Let's see how I'm doing.
I wanted to gain a testimony in my heart that God loves me. Done.
I wanted to learn how to love myself. Doing it.
I wanted to figure out my relationship with Jim and be able to let him go and move on. Real close.
I need to take care of my teeth. Not until I have to.
Take care of my debt. One down, two to go.
Figure out a way to keep my house, at least for now. Done.
Work on getting healthy and getting my weight down. Going to do that at Steve's.
Figure out what my strengths are and develop them. Working on it. Asking others for help.
Write/finish a book. Going to work hard at Steve's. But for now I'm writing a lot on this blog.
Open my heart to loving someone forever. I think I'm there. I'm ready.
Get rid of stuff, declutter with intensity and aggressively. I'm still a little baffled and overwhelmed at what to get rid of and what to keep. Meg's questions help a lot. I really want to do that!
Stop my compulsive behaviors, ie. spending money, eating. Trying to figure out how.
Developing an indestructible relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. In progress.
Recognizing when Satan is in control and keeping him out of my life. Working on it.
Okay, that is the list so far. I'm working on everything and thinking about it all...a lot!
I will never reach the status of perfect but I feel at least I'm sincerely getting my priorities straight. Ahhh, those new days are so fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment