Monday, May 2, 2011

I did it!

A solid pat on the back goes to ME! I did it! After 23 months of trying so hard to get my relationship to the place it really should be, with a rather short and oh so cute gnome-like man, I...have...arrived! It only took me 23 months of traveling over mountains, through jungles, and crossing oceans and oceans of emotional sludge, that I can finally say...this relationship has found its final resting place. Ahhhhh, it feels so good. It is all out on the table, everyone knows what to do and is willing to live right now in this reality. We both get it and we have a friendship that will always be special. I can live with that. I want to live with that. No more drooling or daydreaming or fantasizing something other than it actually is. I'm ready to let go of all my hopes and dreams of him ever turning into an "us" and I'm ready to move on. This is so HUGE for me - so GYNORMOUS of an accomplishment that I can hardly believe it has really and truly happened. So thanks, Jim, for the memories I will always cherish. And thanks Jim, for being someone I could learn with and from, so much about myself through all the experiences we have had. Here's to no more blog posts about him. And here's to exploring the new world of Pam and never looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment