Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The End of the Challenge is a challenge

We have just completed a 12 week challenge, a wellness challenge. Immediately, when we began, I felt so much better about myself. I made a checklist and would gleefully check off each completed task, as though each little check made my life mean more and my self esteem get healthier. In that respect, the challenge was a huge success. I am a big fan of challenges. For some reason, I hate to lose them. Ha! And so they are a pretty good way to make me do things that really and truly, I don't want to do.
So now the real challenge is to keep doing these healthy things because I want to, not because there is a contest out there to win. In one day, I have already slacked off on each thing I was supposed to do. I don't think I ate a single vegetable or fruit yesterday. I didn't exercise or drink enough water and I ate candy after 8:00 pm, candy! So with my self esteem in the pits, I think it is time to make some good choices for the right reasons! Get your pens ready, checklist in hand - start scratching those little X's in all those little boxes. Ah, so glad I lived to see another day - starting over always is a little hopeful, don't you think?????

No comments:

Post a Comment