Saturday, April 30, 2011

Grammy's Write

I find myself lately wanting to write and write and write. Like I have something that just has to get out. I'm not so sure it is worth reading or sharing (glad no one has found this blog) but still I have a voice.
I feel such gratitude in my heart that the Lord loves me and that his son sacrificed so much on my behalf. I feel so blessed to have the family I do, my sisters and precious children (yes, I include my children's spouses when I say that because I feel like they ARE my children too, and my adorable grandchildren) How fortunate I am to be sealed to most of them for time and all eternity.
I feel badly that I have not endured my trials so well. I have been a real whiney-baby. No kidding, the real drama queen of all time. How embarrassing! I hope when future trials come, I can face them with some dignity and grace and full of faith always trusting in my Heavenly Father. I love Him so.
I am actually getting kind of excited about my future. I feel like great things are ahead of me. I feel like there might be hope for me. I haven't uttered words like that in such a long time. I felt doomed and maybe my life won't turn out the way I had hoped. But right now from where I sit, that's okay. I've got something right now that no one can take away from me - a chance at eternal life.
I sure hope I can hold onto all that.
So, when I go to Steve's house I plan on writing. No matter what, I want to write. I want to write a book about being single in the LDS church. I want to write my autobiography and I'd like to complete the Ralphie Alphie story. I also want to write a book about gimme-itis.
What do I want to say to the singles? Here is a list of possibilities:
That we are meant to be married, every one of us.
Don't panic when it happens, don't be a victim, think long term, what do you really want to do?
Never, ever be mean or stoop to unChrist like behaviors, you will come to regret it.
Don't let your being single define you.
Don't keep it all inside, talk about it.
Don't belittle or be negative about your ex, especially in front of your children, state the facts and let it go.
Take quality time for yourself.
Trust the Lord and do all you can to be the most spiritual you can be.
Don't go crazy.
Don't fall in love with the first person that comes along.
Get healthy - walk, eat healthy, and don't fall apart and let everything go.
Don't let guilt or fear rule your decision making.
Please God and you will find you are pleasing yourself after all.
Ask it bring me closer to Heavenly Father?
That's it for now, Oliver needs me...

No comments:

Post a Comment